Re: Determining the root of the characteristic equation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg113470] Re: Determining the root of the characteristic equation
  • From: Christofer Bogaso <bogaso.christofer at>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 04:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Daniel, as you said, using NSolve[] function I got the roots of the
characteristic equation. This is great!!! However my job is not over here as
I need to calculate the absolute value (i.e. modulus) of all roots.

I have tried with *Abs[NSolve....* function. However I could not get the
numbers at all. Would you please guide me what is the correct way to do