Re: Using ChartStyle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112162] Re: Using ChartStyle
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:07:41 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/2/2010 2:32 AM, Robert Rosenbaum wrote:
> I'm plotting a histogram and I'd like for the bars to be gray with no
> edges.
>
> I tried several combinations:
> ChartStyle ->  {Gray, EdgeForm[None]}
> ChartStyle ->  {EdgeForm[None], Gray}
> ChartStyle ->  {{EdgeForm[None]}, {Gray}}, etc
> but in each case, only the first directive is implemented (e.g., the
> bars are gray with edges for the first option).

Actually, I get bars cyclically alternating, one Gray, one that is the
default color with EdgeForm[None], etc., consistent with what the
Documentation says.

> Any idea how to get both directives to work?

Use Directive if you want to apply all the styles to all the bars.

ChartStyle -> Directive[Gray, EdgeForm[None]]

BTW, it is helpful to include an example that people can copy/paste into
a notebook and evaluate, so that they can see what you are talking about
without having to make up their own example.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont