Re: coordinates in LogLogPlots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112173] Re: coordinates in LogLogPlots
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:09:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Alessandro,

the PlotRange along with the function range of values in your case excludes the region where you specified the disk.
Try this:

Show[LogLogPlot[5 x^-0.4, {x, 1, 10}, Frame -> True,
  PlotRange -> {{1, 5}, Automatic},
  Epilog -> {Disk[Log /@ {3, 4.2}, 0.1]}]]

Note that the disk coordinates are also under Log.

Have fun, Alexei

my fault without doubt, I keep on banging my head against the surreal
coordinate usage in Mathematica.

Currently I am trying to place a Disk[] in the Epilog section of a
LogLogPlot - using as disk coordinates the plot coordinates - and I
see that it doesnt work, I dont know why.

Show[LogLogPlot[700*x^-0.4, {x, 100, 10^6}, Frame -> True,  PlotRange -
> {{10, 10^6}, {1, 100}},
 Epilog -> {Disk[{3,4.2},0.1]}]

Since it seems to me that also the Legend system is broken in Log
plots, do you know if this is also true in this case?

thanks!

alessandro

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 CONTERN
Luxembourg

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

www.iee.lu

--

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5416 (20100901) __________

http://www.eset.com