Re: coordinates in LogLogPlots

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112173] Re: coordinates in LogLogPlots
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:09:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Alessandro,

the PlotRange along with the function range of values in your case excludes the region where you specified the disk.
Try this:

Show[LogLogPlot[5 x^-0.4, {x, 1, 10}, Frame -> True,
  PlotRange -> {{1, 5}, Automatic},
  Epilog -> {Disk[Log /@ {3, 4.2}, 0.1]}]]

Note that the disk coordinates are also under Log.

Have fun, Alexei

my fault without doubt, I keep on banging my head against the surreal
coordinate usage in Mathematica.

Currently I am trying to place a Disk[] in the Epilog section of a
LogLogPlot - using as disk coordinates the plot coordinates - and I
see that it doesnt work, I dont know why.

Show[LogLogPlot[700*x^-0.4, {x, 100, 10^6}, Frame -> True,  PlotRange -
> {{10, 10^6}, {1, 100}},
 Epilog -> {Disk[{3,4.2},0.1]}]

Since it seems to me that also the Legend system is broken in Log
plots, do you know if this is also true in this case?

Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist
Material Development

ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5416 (20100901) __________