get a table of coordinates from an image of a graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112416] get a table of coordinates from an image of a graph
  • From: Peter Lindsay <pl0 at me.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 04:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know if this is even possible, but if it is then someone on this list will know:

I have a jpg image with a "wobbly" line cartesian graph [ X-Y axes etc ].

Is it possible by importing it, to get mathematica to "read" the graph and produce a table of coordinates ?

Obviously the table could be scaled subsequently to produce desired results to match the original graph.

Sorry if this is a daft question

Peter Lindsay