How to mimic the Bold menu command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112467] How to mimic the Bold menu command
  • From: AlexG <alexander.gurfinkel at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 06:01:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Just a quick question, if anyone knows. In trying to track down how
Mathematica internally handles  format->face->bold menu command, I
found the following line in MenuSetup.tr:

     MenuItem["&Bold", FontWeight -> Toggle, MenuKey["b", Modifiers-
>{"Control"}],MenuEvaluator->Automatic]

Now, I wanted to mimic this with a SetOptions[**something**,
FontWeight -> Toggle ] command, but I've no idea what "**something**
should be? Does this one have an easy answer?

And is there a general way to convert MenuSetup.tr lines into commands
I can send to the kernel? I know that the ones in "quotes" are front
end tokens, so I'm all set for those.

Thanks so much to whoever reads this!

--Alex