Evaluate a Mathematica Notebook from Applescript (e.g. every morning)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112489] Evaluate a Mathematica Notebook from Applescript (e.g. every morning)
  • From: "perdalum at gmail.com" <perdalum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 06:41:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there!

I'm trying to create a small Mathematica Notebook that should run e.g.
every morning at 0800. As I'm on a Mac, my first choice is to do this
by using iCal to call an Applescript the evaluates the Notebook.

But I cannot get Applescript to evaluate a notebook and I cannot find
any examples on using Applescript or Automator. I know that Rob
Schofield has written an Automator thing, but it is not Universal and
wont run on my Snow Leopard MacBook.

I have looked almost everywhere without any luck.

Any ideas?

Regards,

perdalum