Problem with Run[]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112524] Problem with Run[]
  • From: pratip <pratip.chakraborty at>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:26:59 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group,

I have a executable in my home directory in Linux (Ubuntu). I can open
the Linux command line terminal and execute the program just by typing

Now my question is if there is any chance to do the same from
Mathematica front end by typing

In that case I can use this application "MYPROGRAM" to run from with
in a Mathematica code whenever I need.

Now if I do the above in my 64bit Ubuntu I get the following.
In[9]:= Run["./MYPROGRAM"]
Out[9]= 32512

I can understand that the program has not run by the above command.
Because when I run it from the terminal by typing "./MYPROGRAM" it
runs and generates a file in the home directory as its programmed to
do. In case of the Mathematica Run["./MYPROGRAM"] no such program
output file is generated.

Hope someone can help me here.