Re: Contraction of Tensors in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg112555] Re: Contraction of Tensors in Mathematica
- From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:41:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
if you are seriously working with tensors (as it seems), you should consider getting the powerful free package suite xAct at: http://www.xact.es/ xAct now has an easy to use GUI called xPrint (also free) which dramatically speeds up your learning curve and tensor input. It can be found at: https://sites.google.com/site/xprintforxact/ Finally you can visit the xAct user group at: http://groups.google.com/group/xact/topics?hl=en With xAct you can work symbolically and "numerically" (meaning; with components in a specific base), as in your example.