Using Mathematica remotely (installed on Mac, to be accessed from X)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112576] Using Mathematica remotely (installed on Mac, to be accessed from X)
  • From: "perdalum at gmail.com" <perdalum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:03:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there!

I have Mathematica installed on a Mac running Snow Leopard and would
occasionally like to use it from another machine.

I know how to use ssh and tunneling of X11.

I know that MathKernel is the CLI on Mac.

But is it possible to run an X11 enabled Mathematica front end on Mac
OS X and thereby getting it to display remotely?

I think the problem is that the ./Mathematica program in Contents/
MacOS can't use X11, but I hope there is some undocumented or hidden
feature.

I will appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks!

..Per