How to deal with this message?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112595] How to deal with this message?
  • From: olfa <olfa.mraihi at yahoo.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:56:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mathematica community

when trying to solve a system of equations I have obtained this
message :

Reduce::useq: The answer found by Reduce contains unsolved equation(s)
{...}. A likely reason for this is that the
solution set depends on branch cuts of Mathematica functions.

Could someone help me to understand in simple terms this message
(especially branch cuts and dependency on them) and how to find
solution to avoid this message.

Thank you.