Re: Row or column?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112703] Re: Row or column?
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 05:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica considers the first level of a list as rows, the second,
nested, levels are the columns etc. So, for display purposes {{a, b}}
would show as a row, but if you want to use it for matrix/vector
multiplication you only need {a,b}, as Mathematica does not
differentiate between row or column vectors.

Cheers -- Sjoerd