low pass filter that avoids the first ramp

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117835] low pass filter that avoids the first ramp
  • From: cerr <ron.eggler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 02:33:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi There,

I have an application where i require a low pass filter but I would
like the first sample to be the first filtered value which means I
want to avoid the initial ramp-up...
Currently I'm using this
(SampleAvg * FILTER + SampleNew) / (FILTER + 1) which works fine so
far. Does anyone have a clue how I can modify my formula to avoid the
initial ramp?
Thanks for hints and suggestions!
--
Ron