Mathematica 8.01 and the CDF plug-in

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117837] Mathematica 8.01 and the CDF plug-in
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 02:34:17 -0500 (EST)

Has any one succeeded in producing working examples of files in the new
Computable Document Format? By "working examples" I mean ones that can
be opened and whose dynamic content can be used by someone who does not
posses Mathematica but only a CDF browser plugin.

I have tried saving notebooks in the CDF format but when I try to open
them with the "Wolfram" plugin, I see that it's always "loading" but
never gets anywhere. When I open such a file with Mathematica,
everything works fine.

Have I misunderstood how this new format is supposed to work?

Andrzej Kozlowski