Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117895] Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 17:05:59 -0500 (EST)

In article <in6kj6$2jq$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com> wrote:

> Not needed. I can reproduce the result (the bad timing) in version 7. It
> got faster in version 8.
>
> Daniel Lichtblau
> Wolfram Research

Again, my apologies, as the OP on this extended thread.  When I first
got the 19 second timing on evaluating this integral I believed I was
running version 8, but I was actually still running version 7, for which
this is apparently the correct (if somewhat surprisingly long) timing.
I'll spare you the details of how my original error happened.   --AES