Re: ProgressIndicator and ParallelTable problem :(

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117980] Re: ProgressIndicator and ParallelTable problem :(
  • From: psycho_dad <s.nesseris at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:04:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I have just solved the problem. The following piece of code does
exactly what I want it to do, ie update the ProgressIndicator after
every parallel kernel has finished its job, before moving to the next
one. The key is the SetSharedVariable function:

Clear[j]
j=1;SetSharedVariable[j];
ProgressIndicator[Dynamic[j],{1,18}]
ParallelTable[Pause[1];j++;f[i],{i,1,18},DistributedContexts-
>Automatic]//AbsoluteTiming

Thanks for all your help Albert and Eric.

Cheers