Re: concatenate matrices?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118201] Re: concatenate matrices?
  • From: Robert Rosenbaum <robertr at math.uh.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 07:34:44 -0400 (EDT)

I'm certainly not arguing against the use of @ or // in general.  I use each occasionally and admittedly overuse the more cumbersome f[x,y] /. {x-> a,
 y-> b}.  However, I wonder if it is better to use less esoteric notation when replying to questions from potential Mathematica newcomers.

Please don't interpret my comments as snarky or overly critical.  This mailing list and its regular posters are extremely helpful in general.  I just thought the topic was worth bringing up.

Best,
Robert