Re: Function Option Names

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118254] Re: Function Option Names
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

My feeling is that this is to prevent filling up namespace too
quickly. The more symbols get into the system namespace the slower it
will get (though I think the difference will be marginal). One of the
disadvantages of using strings is no spellchecking and no name
completion (ctrl-k).

Cheers Sjoerd

More Mathematica questions answered at: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/mathematica