Re: ImageMargins and Frame Labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118253] Re: ImageMargins and Frame Labels
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:16:19 -0400 (EDT)

What's wrong with adding ImagePadding to the plot?

graph = Plot[Sin[x], {x,0,Pi}, Frame->True, FrameLabel->{x,Sin[x]},
ImagePadding -> 40]

This adds 40 pts to all sides, so the center of the plot stays at the
center of the graph. Any value is good as long as the labels fit in.
The amount you'll need will depend on font size and font family, but
for any given choice it's not difficult to find the perfect value.

Cheers -- Sjoerd

More Mathematica questions answered at: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/mathematica