Re: Venn diagrams?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118260] Re: Venn diagrams?
  • From: dantimatter <google at dantimatter.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

What I meant by 'to scale' is probably best explained with an example:

Imagine that group A contains 40 objects, group B contains 30 objects, and
the intersection of A and B contains 27 object.  In this case I would really like for the circle representing B to be 75% of the size of the circle representing A, and 90% of B to be overlapped by A.

(There is probably a more 'mathy' way to say this, but I'm not sure what that is.  Sorry about that.)

Thanks!