Re: irritating behaviour of the interface (Mathematica 8.0.0, Ubuntu

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118275] Re: irritating behaviour of the interface (Mathematica 8.0.0, Ubuntu
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>, ZZ at wolfram.com
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 18, 9:16 am, David Bailey <d... at removedbailey.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/04/2011 12:53, Armand Tamzarian wrote:
>
> > On the other hand ever since 8.0.1 I have noticed a slowdown in the
> > responsiveness of the help documentation. In 8.0.0 things just opened
> > and you read them. With this version you become conscious of the wait.
>
> > (thats on a Mac)
>
> > Mike
>
> I have never understood why the help system is so sluggish (on Windows)
> - I mean GOOGLE can often beat it for speed, and that has to go over the
> internet!
>
> David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

Another product that is kind of syruppy had a help system in 2009 that
took so long you could make a cup of coffee (it was an absolute joke)
but in 2010 they released a new version and fixed it and made it was
very fast. I also do not understand why the Mathematica documentation loads so
slowly.

Mike