Re: Demonstration Project Solution Desired

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118319] Re: Demonstration Project Solution Desired
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 03:12:50 -0400 (EDT)

Is this what you mean?

Manipulate[With[{paperPricePerPage = 20/500,
   bindersPricePerBinder = 1,
   bindingPrice = 130,
   inkPricePerPage = 100/5000,
   printerPrice = 500,
   wholesaleDiscount = 0.7,
   libraryDiscount = 0.9,
   bulkDiscount = 0.9},
  Module[{wholesalePrice},
   nPages = Floor[nPages];
   nBooks = Floor[nBooks];
   wholesalePrice = profitMargin + nPages*paperPricePerPage +
     bindersPricePerBinder +
     inkPricePerPage + (bindingPrice + printerPrice)/nBooks;
   Grid[{{"Wholesale price", NumberForm[N[wholesalePrice], {10, 2}],
      "$"},
     {"Library/bulk price",
      NumberForm[
       libraryDiscount/wholesaleDiscount*wholesalePrice, {10, 2}],
      "$"},
     {"Retail price",
      NumberForm[wholesalePrice/wholesaleDiscount, {10, 2}], "$"}},
    Alignment -> {{Right, "."}}]]],
 {{nPages, 100, "Number of pages per book"}, Number},
 {{nBooks, 10, "Number of books"}, Number},
 {{profitMargin, 10, "Profit margin"}, Number}]

I've assumed that you also want the number of books being printed and that the profit margin is applied to the wholesale price.

Heike.