Re: Venn diagrams?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118318] Re: Venn diagrams?
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 03:12:39 -0400 (EDT)

I think you'll find that you can't make it work with three sets. There are
7 surface areas but there are only 6 parameters you
can play with, i.e. 3 radii and 3 distances between the centres of the circles which leaves one parameter short. You should
have a chance if you allow for shapes other than circles (ellipses maybe?), but that probably becomes even more fiddly.

Heike.