Mathematica 8: Shortcut Ctrl+Tab for switching between notebooks?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118329] Mathematica 8: Shortcut Ctrl+Tab for switching between notebooks?
  • From: Martin Harborth <martin.harborth at yahoo.de>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 05:41:14 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mathematica Gurus,

I'm using Mathematica 8 and I was searching today in the
Internet but I did not find a solution for the following
"problem":

I really don't like the unhandy shortcut Ctrl+F6 for switching
between open notebooks. Because on a Windows system I'm used
to the convenient shortcut Ctrl+Tab for the same functionality
in a lot of different applications.

Is it really not possible to customize Mathematica key
bindings in order to have the same shortcut in Mathematica 8?

Best regards,
Martin.