"Curve-threading" surface interpolation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118351] "Curve-threading" surface interpolation?
  • From: "Christopher O. Young" <cy56 at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:51:49 -0400 (EDT)

I can't get either Bezier surfaces or NURBS (non-uniform rational B-spline
surface) surfaces (via BSplineSurface) to go through a set of curves I have.
They're a fairly smooth series of curves.

I actually spent a long time fitting Bezier curves to a diagram of a
sequence of curves. Then I saved all the control points. I made sure that
there was as much continuity between the control points from one curve to
another. There were 16 control points, providing me with nine different 15
degree Bezier curves.

Now the problem is simply to get a reasonably smooth-looking surface that
goes through all the points. Maybe stretching a surface across cubic spline
curves between isoparametric points along the Bezier curves.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Chris Young
cy56 at comcast.net
IntuMath.org