Re: How to create an animated gif (was: How to roll up

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118336] Re: How to create an animated gif (was: How to roll up
  • From: Sol Lederman <sol.lederman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:49:07 -0400 (EDT)

Francisco,

Thank you. A little while after I sent my query I was able to figure it out
myself and I got the same solution you did. And then I extended the command
in a fun (and mesmerizing) way with Animate.

   Animate[
 Graphics[{
   Blue,
   Table[Line[{{a - x, 0}, {0, x}, {x - a, 0}, {0, -x}, {a - x, 0}}], {x, 0,
a}]
   }],
 {a, 0, 20}]

I have a follow-on question. I tried creating an animated gif like this:

   list = Animate[
  Graphics[{
    Blue,
    Table[
     Line[{{a - x, 0}, {0, x}, {x - a, 0}, {0, -x}, {a - x, 0}}], {x, 0, a}]
    }],
  {a, 0, 20}]

   Export["animation.gif", list]

When I look at the gif file in a browser I don't get any animation. I get
just one frame. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Sol