copy as LaTeX : cell styles ignored?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118368] copy as LaTeX : cell styles ignored?
  • From: Alan <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:27:19 -0400 (EDT)

In my notebook, I have cells styled as Text and as DisplayFormula, but if I select these and Edit>CopyAs>LaTeX, I am not seeing any effort by Mathematica to use that information. For example, instead of the text formatted cell being treated as text with occasional math expressions, the entire thing is treated as a math expression with the text parts put inside \text{}. For another example, the DisplayFormula cell is not put in a display environment. The result is almost useless. Is there a trick to getting a better result, or is "Copy As > LaTeX" known to be horribly implemented?