How to Assign Different Kernel To Different Notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118412] How to Assign Different Kernel To Different Notebook?
  • From: Afolabicrystal <afolabicrystal at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 05:38:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Group,

My PC is an i7 with Quad Core, i.e. 4 processors so I can run multiple
kernels.

I presently have to manually select Evaluation >> Notebook's Kernel >>
"KernelName" to select one of my 4 kernels which I have set up to
compute some problems. Each problem takes an average of 3-4 hrs to
compute and I have 4-5 of such computations to do.

Sometimes I 4get to select different Kernel and then the job gets
pooled, waiting for another job to finish using the kernel. If I use
"Quit" to stop the pooled job, mathematica stops all associated job to
that kernel.

Now, is there a code or function in mathematica to include in my
initialization cell to instruct ..mathetica to select specific kernel
for particular notebook?

thank so much for the anticipated suggestions.