Re: Flow chart/block diagram for StyleSheets?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120785] Re: Flow chart/block diagram for StyleSheets?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:45:40 -0400 (EDT)

Such a graphical representation would be rather trivial, at least the
say I understand the situation:

By default, a notebook uses stylesheet Default.nb. And Default.nb in
turn inherits Core.nb.

You should be able to find both those notebooks in the Mathematica
install directory's subdirectory:

   SystemFiles > FrontEnd > StyleSheets

Other standard stylsheets supplied with Mathematica may inherit one or
more other stylesheets, including Default.

For example, JournalArticle.nb inherits PublicationDefault.nb.  And the
latter inherits Default.nb, StyleMenuClear.nb, and EnvironmentMenuClear.nb.

You can just go and open a stylsheet in Mathematica -- it's a notebook,
after all! -- and look at its top to see what it's inheriting.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305