Order of polynomial terms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120850] Order of polynomial terms
  • From: paulvonhippel at yahoo <paulvonhippel at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 06:47:03 -0400 (EDT)

By default Mathematica displays polynomials with the lowest degree
first -- e.g.,
  -1 + n
For purposes of display, I'd like to reorder the polynomial
conventionally, with the highest degree first -- e.g.,
 n - 1
Anyone know a convenient way to do this? I was using TraditionalForm
with great satisfaction but that option's out now because
TraditionalForm is incompatible with something else I'm using
(Symbolize).