Re: Treat subscripted variables as symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120930] Re: Treat subscripted variables as symbols
  • From: "Alexey Popkov" <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 05:52:46 -0400 (EDT)

You may try to use the SubscriptSymbols command from Andrew Moylan's
package:

http://sites.google.com/site/andrewjmoylan/mathematica
http://sites.google.com/site/andrewjmoylan/Moylan.zip

Description from the web-page: "This package makes Mathematica treat all the
subscripts in your notebook as symbols. I used it for a long time because
it's standard in physics to treat symbols like r, r0, and rcore as unique
variables.

If you set SubscriptSymbols = True, every expression with head SubscriptBox
will be transparently converted into a symbol; and that symbol will display
as the corresponding SubscriptBoxes on output. You won't normally need to
know about the underlying proxy symbol, but you can use Information[] to
find out its name."

news:j28emt$3fa$1 at smc.vnet.net...