Solving coupled differential equations iteratively.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120989] Solving coupled differential equations iteratively.
  • From: mathpavi <elvisgraceland at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 06:18:20 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,
The have to do the following:
NDSolve the coupled differential equations :
x'(t) = c1 - k1x(t) - k/(Abs(x(t) -y(t)))^2
y'(t) = c2 - k1y(t) - k/(Abs(x(t) -y(t)))^2
where c1 and c2 are two lists I already have (from these lists, the
first value of c1 and the first value of c2 have to used in
evaluation.)
with initial condition for the first evaluation being provided by me.
For the second step, the interpolating functions got as the answers
(in the first step) have to be evaluated at t =0.001
and these values have to be used as the initial condition for
NDSolving the equations second time and also appear as the values for
Abs(x(t) - y(t)) and the values for c1 and c2 have to be drawn as the
second entries from the already defined lists for c1 and c2.
This process has to be repeated till we have used all the values of c1
and c2 in the already defined lists for the same.