Execute commands with CDF player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121032] Execute commands with CDF player
  • From: Joerg Roesgen <biophys.hershey at me.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:14:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am missing something about this CDF player. On the Wolfram website they say it's all so easy. Just take your notebook and save it as a CDF, and all is fine and dandy. But it's not. I made a notebook with one single cell.

	f[x_, a_] := Sin[a x]
	Manipulate[Plot[f[x, a], {x, 0, 10}], {a, 1, 5}]

All works fine up to here.

Now, I save it as CDF and open it with the CDF player. Well, but nothing is executable or does anything. I see the two lines of input; and otherwise there is just an empty box displayed from the Manipulate command, but the CDF player does not understand who f[x,a] is.

So, what now?

Thanks,
JR