Mathematica Script mode

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121092] Mathematica Script mode
  • From: math_new <dom.woe at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:16:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have written a usual mathematica notebook that should export some
plots. But I want to be able to run it from command line with some
parameters.

Thus, I added
p1 = ToExpression@$ScriptCommandLine[[2]]
p2 = ToExpression@$ScriptCommandLine[[3]]

made all cells to initial cells and saved the file as a package.

Now, I tried to run the script with

nohup math -script ThisScript.m p1 p2

but in the end, nohup.out says that $ScriptCommandLine is an empty
list.

I use Mathematica 8.0 64bit.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and Greets