Re: Function of N variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121093] Re: Function of N variable
  • From: Ethan Dyer <ethansdyer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 04:03:52 -0400 (EDT)

Sam,

     Mathematica allows one to define functions that take an arbitrary number of arguments using double underscore (BlankSequence) or triple underscore (BlankNullSequence)

For instance F[args__]:={args} takes in any number of arguments except zero.

A function defined with three underscores can take any number including zero.

Ethan