color-bar legend for the LisContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123491] color-bar legend for the LisContourPlot
  • From: "Karamiarokhloo, M.P. (Mehdipasha)" <M.P.Karamiarokhloo at uu.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 05:54:11 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

I am using Mathematica 7 and have difficulties to plot the ListContourPlot
of ocean data with a neat color bar (legend).
For example if I have a temperature field range between {-2,30}, and I use
the ColorFunction Rainbow,
I cannot include a color-bar which has the same number of contours as the contourplot, and it does not show the related numbers for each color-shade.
The ShowLegend function of Mathematica is very primitive.
Has any body any suggestion?

Thanks you.
P.Karami