Re: Crashing problem with 3d IFS program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123524] Re: Crashing problem with 3d IFS program
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:28:10 -0500 (EST)

Well with a little effort I got the second level and solved the
problem.
These IFS take too much memory. I can get one or two at a time,
but all four just takes too much memory for Mathematica to handle .
I looked in the preferences, but I don't see any way to
increase the Kernal memory to several GB gegabytes?
Anyway the models are no good for 3d printing at that level of memory:
879 megabytes for an obj 3d model
429 megabytes for an stl 3d model
188.4 for a 3ds 3d model.