Re: While Loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123555] Re: While Loop
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 03:46:28 -0500 (EST)

Help actually says:

	While[test,body]
evaluates test, then body, repetitively, until test first fails to give
True.

In other words, test then body, test then body, test then body... et
cetera, until test is anything but True.

To get the result you want, you ONLY need to make sure the first test is
True.

That's usually easy, but if necessary, you can do something like this:

initial = True;
While[test || initial, initial = False; body]

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com