Re: Disable Enter Key as Evaluation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123784] Re: Disable Enter Key as Evaluation
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 07:17:39 -0500 (EST)

On 17/12/2011 07:54, Scott Colwell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am creating a standalone CDF. I have InputFields in the CDF and I
> only want to use buttons to execute the evaluation of the CDF. So, I
> want to disable the enter key and the shift-enter key method of
> evaluating. Basically I only want the CDF controlled by the buttons.
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

One answer is to create cells which can't be evaluated. For example, if
you execute:

Print[InputField[z]]

You will find you can operate the InputField in the normal way, but you
can't execute the cell.

There is a file KeyEventTranslations.tr in one of the installation
directories, which can be altered (though I have not used this in
earnest). If you decide to go down that route, make sure to take a
backup of the file first, because if it is like MenuSetup.tr (which I DO
modify), any error simply stops Mathematica booting.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk