Re: curly wedge symbol on Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123847] Re: curly wedge symbol on Windows
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 04:29:57 -0500 (EST)

It will work fine if you display the character in a font that has the glyph for
that character.  Under Windows, there's a font called "Arial Unicode MS" which
has nearly everything, but most of the rest of the fonts are missing broad
swaths of characters in the Unicode standard.

In fact, if you take a look at the output of the "PhoneticForm" selector for
WordData[], you'll see that the developer of WordData[] did much the samething
to get the phonetic characters to display under Windows.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group