Errors when using ParallelTable with compiled functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123861] Errors when using ParallelTable with compiled functions
  • From: janitor048 <janitor048 at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 07:06:17 -0500 (EST)

I've got functions that are compiled with options

CompilationTarget -> "C", CompilationOptions ->
{"ExpressionOptimization"->True, "InlineExternalDefinitions"->True}

The functions themselves appear to be doing what they are expected to
do. Now I would like to evaluate some of these functions using
ParallelTable (which in principle works fine). This however gives
several errors

LinkObject::linkd: Unable to communicate with closed link LinkObject[/
home/software/mathematica8.0.1/Executables/math -subkernel -noinit -
mathlink,16,8].
KernelObject::rdead: Subkernel connected through KernelObject[1,local]
appears dead.
Parallel`Developer`QueueRun::req: Requeueing evaluations {4} assigned
to KernelObject[1,local,<defunct>].

Is this due to the usage of the compiled functions (C Target) together
with ParallelTable? Do I need to use different compilation options
("C" is necessary for speed however)? Or do I need to manually
distribute definitions? I'm using Mathematica 8.0.1 on a quad core
machine by the way.
Suggestions would be appreciated.