beginner question regarding units in equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123898] beginner question regarding units in equations
  • From: RDog <roger.leventhal at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 02:52:06 -0500 (EST)

I am a very new user so I apologize in advance if this question is too
basic for the group.

Many civil engineering equations are empirically derived and therefore
the units dont work out exactly. How does Mathematica handle units in
equations and especially in empirical equations where there may be
parameters set to weird exponetial powers. Does the program use units
at all in equations or does the user need to keep track?