Re: beginner question regarding units in equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123934] Re: beginner question regarding units in equations
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 02:01:02 -0500 (EST)

See the Wolfram blog entry of Jon McLoone regarding a souped-up version
of the Units package, which seems very promising:

http://blog.wolfram.com/2010/12/09/automatic-physical-units-in-mathematica/

Download:

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/7655/

Although I am not using units in my calculations, I´d very much like to
see seamless unit integration in the future. This will help convincing
e.g. engineers that switching from their (probably inferior, but
unit-capable) products to Mathematica might be a good idea.

Regards,
Yves