Re: How to start new input line?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116109] Re: How to start new input line?
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza10 at msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 06:09:28 -0500 (EST)

I start from scratch: enter for example
In[1]:= Plot[Sin[x],{x,-Pi,Pi}]
Press Shift-Enter. A cell with the desired plot appears as Out[1]:
Then place the cursor beneath the last cell (i.e., if you look at the blue cell bracket on the right, place the cursor anywhere below it), and left-click. Start typing and you'll see you are already in a new input cell.
When you say "in evaluation mode", do you mean the input cell bracket is highlighted? Then it means it is still in  the evaluating process, i.e., you have a very long calculation and so you must wait until it finishes before starting a new one. If you wish, you may abort the evaluation, pressing Alt+,
-Tomas