Re: Help with Delete cases
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg116232] Re: Help with Delete cases
- From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 05:03:42 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
You can use PatternTest (abbreviated as ?) to add a logical test to a pattern. You pattern is not really clear to me. You don't specify what your n and m are supposed to be, but assuming that m is the number in the table and p and n (don't use a capital N !) are provided somewhere else the following would work: n=0; p=10; DeleteCases[list, _?(Mod[# (# + 1)/2, p] == n &)] Cheers -- Sjoerd On Feb 7, 12:05 pm, KenR <ramsey2... at msn.com> wrote: > I have a list= Range I want to delete cases of n = m(m+1) mod P > from the list, but Delete cases only deletes cases matching a pattern, > i.e. > > list = DeleteCases[list,Mod[N - m(m+1)/2,P] = 0] will definitely not > work. I want to keep list, as the same identifier, throughout since > this is within a looping process. Any suggestions?