Another point about Mathematica 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116277] Another point about Mathematica 8.0
  • From: P_ter <petervansummeren at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 02:11:44 -0500 (EST)

Three years ago I bought an expensive SUN. Especially for the
Professional Mathematica. I now have running a licensed Professional
Mathematica 7.0

Two months ago my supplier sent me a message in which Wolfram
announced that for the operating system of this SUN, no update to
Mathematica 8.0 would be possible. Only support for my current
Mathematica 7.0
That was all.
I wrote to them and all I got was a neat answer which for me equates
to "bla bla".

>From my point of view this is not decent. I invested in trust. And
then, oeps, there is this decision not to continue.

Maybe the discussion about the Mathematica 8.0 home editions is not
logical.