Re: k-permutations enumeration

Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
> Once again... is there any enumeration (closed form) formula? The
> problem looks like simple combinatorics problem, but I can not find
> any relevant formula.
>
> The above mentioned algorithms looks very good, but I am still looking
> for closed form formula.
>
> Michal

I do not believe there is a closed form in the sense you are seeking.
The method/algorithm that looks like
Coefficient[Product[Sum[...]],...]
is, in some sense, a closed form. That is to say, there is a notation in
the literature for exactly this computation. But like any special
function, that does not imply the numeric computation will be trivial.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research