Re: Fitting Experimental Data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116490] Re: Fitting Experimental Data
  • From: mathilde Favier <fmath at hotmail.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 05:17:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi everybody,

To try to give more information and be more clear:
1a/For those who tried to play with the data I've sent, I am interested in fitting the 2 round shapes which look like asymetric Gaussian corresponding to data[[700;;950]] and data[[1100;;1400]] I don't care about the other data.
1b/ My Y data are well FFT but, there is no symetry between the 2 round shapes unlike it could seem (long to explain).
That's why I need to fit the 2 shapes independently to each other.
2/My X data are well separated by 1, but I am doing some lineare computation to have the Xscale I am interested in (this a take care don't worry)
3/I need to remove the peaks because to explain it simply: Peaks = Coherent signal/ Others = Incoherent signal.
As I am looking at the incoherent signal, so peaks disturb my fit.
4/I did a Fit using the xydata using Transpose[xdata,ydata] as you suggest me, but as I removed the top of my Gaussian shape, the fit gives me a flat top.

I am trying maybe to do an average of my peaks to keep some data on the top of my curve.

Important: I am looking to an automatic and fast fit, nothing has to be manual.

Glad to receive ideas and answers from you, but my problem is still looking for an accurate solution.

Any other questions or Ideas, don't hesitate.

Cheers

FAVIER MathildeTel: + 33 (0)6 35 29 36 96fmath at hotmail.fr