FinancialData Function Not Working for Property "Members"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116558] FinancialData Function Not Working for Property "Members"
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 05:15:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello anyone who uses the FinancialData function,

I used to be able to get the members of the S&P500 and the S&P100 using

	FinancialData["SP500", "Members"]

and then the ticker symbols to do analyses.  But both yesterday and
today, the function returns, what appears to be a dash or hyphen (-).
This also happens for industry members such as FinancialData["Books",
"Members"] and FinancialData["Drugs", "Members"], where I used the
examples in the built-in Help system, but foreign exchanges like
Frankfurt work fine.

Any thoughts on why this happens?  I'm concerned because I have
notebooks that I share with students and colleagues, and the analyses in
them can't be done if the ticker symbols are not picked up!

Regards,

Gregory