Chain of packets in MathLink: are packets always strictly ordered?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg116592] Chain of packets in MathLink: are packets always strictly ordered?
- From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 04:20:41 -0500 (EST)
The Documentation does not state clear the order of packets returned
by slave kernel via MathLink. It is natural to assume that (when
sending an input expression with head EnterExpressionPacket):
1) the last packet before the next InputNamePacket is always
2) there may be always only one ReturnExpressionPacket and one
OutputNamePacket for one EnterExpressionPacket
3) ReturnExpressionPacket always goes after OutputNamePacket
4) after MessagePacket the next packet is always TextPacket with
contents of that message.
5) when working in standard mode there may be only 7 types of returned
packets: InputNamePacket, OutputNamePacket, ReturnExpressionPacket,
DisplayPacket, DisplayEndPacket, MessagePacket, TextPacket.
Are these assumptions true?
Prev by Date:
Factor/Simplify complex expressions
Next by Date:
Misprint in the Documentation?
Previous by thread:
Re: Factor/Simplify complex expressions
Next by thread:
Re: Chain of packets in MathLink: are packets always strictly ordered?