Re: FinancialData Function Not Working for Property "Members"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116621] Re: FinancialData Function Not Working for Property "Members"
  • From: Syd Geraghty <sydgeraghty at me.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:41:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi Greg,

A quick check on my system reveals that your example and examples in the documentation show that a data feed has a bug.

Your example:

  In[14]:= FinancialData["SP500", "Members"]

Out[14]= Missing["NotAvailable"]

And from the documentation for FinancialData[]:

In[2]:= FinancialData["SP500"]

Out[2]= 1343.01

which is OK but then

In[3]:= Take[FinancialData["SP500", "Members"], 10]

During evaluation of In[3]:= Take::take: Cannot take positions 1 through 10 in Missing[NotAvailable]. >>

Out[3]= Take[Missing["NotAvailable"], 10]

Suggest a bug report.

Cheers .... Syd

Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.

sydgeraghty at mac.com

Mathematica 8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (November 6, 2010)
MacOS X V 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM